Somewhere in the bottom of the fifth inning, I lost interest in the World Series. I don’t favor either team, but a dull game is a dull game. So I turned off the TV and checked the major news sites on the Internet.
Here’s what I found, in headlines and leads for major stories of the day. Read through them, and tell me: How can the Dems be such panty-waist wimps out there? How come they aren’t circulating recall petitions and mounting impeachment hearings?
- A major disaster in California as fires cause…..
- US state department official resigns after criticism….
- Romney’s mix-up of Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden….
- $2 trillion to $4 trillion loss in real estate wealth….
- Secretive world of the Blackwater compound in Baghdad…..
- Climate Change Testimony Was Changed By White House
- U.S. Embassy in Baghdad plagued by shoddy construction….
- Merrill, Lynch Posts $2.3B Loss….
- Bank of America Eliminates 3,000 Jobs….
- Americans are pessimistic about the country’s direction.
- Pakistani Army to combat followers of a militant cleric….
- Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost $2.4 trillion….
- President seeks to refocus attention on Cuba….
Because all of that shit, all of it, all of it, all of it, stems directly from the corruption, mismanagement, stupidity, cupidity, arrogance, and folly of the the Bush-Cheney Administration. [Notice that, cannon to the left of him, cannon to the right of him, into the Valley of Obfuscation rides the Gallant Decider.]
And what of the opposition party in all this? Where is the outrage, the condemnation, the righteous indignation, the denunciation, the action. Where the fuck is it? What is it with Democrats? They’re afraid of hurting someone’s feelings?
Goddam it, they hurt my feelings when they sit around with their thumbs up their asses watching our world unravel.
I’m going back down stairs to open another beer. Maybe two. Tomorrow I’ll be soft-spoken and rational again. But I’ll still be pretty goddamn pissed off.